New organising team announced for Chatsworth International Horse Trials
- Credit: Archant
The Dodson & Horrell Chatsworth International Horse Trials (CIHT) has appointed a new organising team for 2014
Patricia Clifton, a well-established face on the international horse trials circuit, will act as director, with experienced back-up from Gail Dale as event co-ordinator.
A former competitor, Patricia is a regular British Eventing steward and FEI technical delegate who officiated at the European Eventing Championships in Sweden last year; she is also closely involved with developing the sport in Africa. Gail was secretary at Bramham Horse Trials for many years and now acts in the same capacity at the Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe.
‘I’m looking forward to it with both huge excitement and a certain amount of nervousness because Chatsworth is such a special event held in great affection by so many people,’ says Patricia of her appointment. ‘But I know I’ve got a terrific team of supporters behind me who will carry on the good work in producing one of the best horse trials in the country. I also couldn’t be more delighted that Dodson & Horrell are continuing as our title sponsor – they provide the perfect support to this event.’
The annual event, a favourite with spectators and competitors alike, is held in the magnificent setting of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire’s parkland at Chatsworth, near Bakewell, in Derbyshire and takes place on Friday 16th to Sunday May 18th 2014.
Ian Stark, a five-time Olympian, continues in his role as designer of the CIC3* and advanced cross-country course, and David Evans, who was course-builder at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, will produce the CIC1* and novice track.
There will be cross-country action on both Saturday and Sunday, plus an arena programme of family entertainment and shopping. Spectators can also visit Chatsworth House, Garden and Farmyard and Adventure Playground at a reduced rate which will be open as usual during the weekend.
- 1 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 2 These are the Devon beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 3 North Yorkshire's best breakfast and afternoon tea revealed
- 4 10 Cheshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 How to make Jemma Melvin's Lemon Swiss Roll and Amaretti trifle
- 9 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
Chatsworth Horse Trials 2014 - 16th-18th May
For more information visit www.chatsworth.org