New pop-up shop and gallery in Gloucester Docks
- Credit: Archant
Hat’s House & Home offers re-imagined, restored, repainted and totally unique furniture, art and other fabulous stuff.
With a background in theatre design, styling and painting, Hattie Ouroussoff’s furniture is restored, repainted and re-upholstered with love and care, and she also offers carefully chosen one-off artworks by various artists.
To coincide with the launch of the Tall Ships Festival, from Friday, May 24, Hattie’s unique pieces, together with work by artist Russell Haines and others, will be displayed in a pop-up shop in a wonderful space on the ground floor of The Lock Warehouse in the basin of Gloucester Docks, courtesy of Melt Homes, who have developed the building into flats. The pop-up shop will be there for six weeks.
The shop will feature her restored, repainted and upcycled furniture and Russell’s new body of work: a series of portraits of women. Both Hattie and Russell will be working there as well, with various workshops planned – Hattie will demonstrate some of the techniques she uses and Russell will work on a large-scale mural.
There are other contributors to be confirmed, to include Tewkesbury-based artist Ardyn Griffin who makes amazing papier maché work. Pop down there to find out more!
• Russell’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Russell-Haines/376968909058832?fref=ts
- 1 5 of the best farmers markets in Cheshire
- 2 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 3 4 fab places to dine in Devon
- 4 Top celebrity craft makers head for Devon festival
- 5 Devon coast to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 6 12 fabulous festivals in Suffolk you won't want to miss this summer
- 7 5 reasons to move to the Peak District
- 8 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Two Norfolk spots to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 10 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
• Gloucester Tall Ships Festival: http://www.thecityofgloucester.co.uk/tallships/