New pop-up shop and gallery in Gloucester Docks
- Credit: Archant
Hat’s House & Home offers re-imagined, restored, repainted and totally unique furniture, art and other fabulous stuff.
With a background in theatre design, styling and painting, Hattie Ouroussoff’s furniture is restored, repainted and re-upholstered with love and care, and she also offers carefully chosen one-off artworks by various artists.
To coincide with the launch of the Tall Ships Festival, from Friday, May 24, Hattie’s unique pieces, together with work by artist Russell Haines and others, will be displayed in a pop-up shop in a wonderful space on the ground floor of The Lock Warehouse in the basin of Gloucester Docks, courtesy of Melt Homes, who have developed the building into flats. The pop-up shop will be there for six weeks.
The shop will feature her restored, repainted and upcycled furniture and Russell’s new body of work: a series of portraits of women. Both Hattie and Russell will be working there as well, with various workshops planned – Hattie will demonstrate some of the techniques she uses and Russell will work on a large-scale mural.
There are other contributors to be confirmed, to include Tewkesbury-based artist Ardyn Griffin who makes amazing papier maché work. Pop down there to find out more!
• Russell’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Russell-Haines/376968909058832?fref=ts
- 1 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 2 Inside the luxury hotel chain coming to Devon
- 3 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 4 11 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 5 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 9 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 10 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
• Gloucester Tall Ships Festival: http://www.thecityofgloucester.co.uk/tallships/