New Rolls Royce Wraith, Bentleys and Bugattis at Downside’s first Concours D’Elegance
- Credit: Archant
Downside Abbey, an iconic landmark in Somerset, will host its first Concours d’Elegance this Sunday.
With nearly 80 vintage cars coming along it’s set to be a great family day out over the Bank Holiday weekend. Motoring journalist Mark Whitchurch will be dropping in with the brand new Rolls Royce Wraith to join Aston Martins, a Jenson Open Tourer, Bristols and an Austin Healey. There’s even a vintage Fiat 500 in bright orange.
Vintage and classic cars will be grouped into three classes:
Pre-war – 1945-1967 – 1968-1984
One of the highlights and relevant to the venue is a Squire car, a 1935 Squire Ranalagh Tourer. The designer, Adrian Squire, was a pupil at Downside in the 1920s and designed his first car when he was still at school.
Three judges will have the extremely difficult task of choosing a winner for each Class before the Abbot of Downside, Dom Aidan Bellenger, chooses an overall winner for the ‘Abbot’s Cup’.
Tickets are £5 each, family ticket £15.
- 1 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 2 WIN a weekend escape at St. Mellion Estate, Cornwall
- 3 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 4 Win a relaxing four-day retreat in Devon, plus other goodies
- 5 Naturism in the Cotswolds
- 6 What's On in Devon, July 2022
- 7 Discover Yorkshire's newest coastal seafood pop-up
- 8 Puffin Sculpture Trail comes to the Yorkshire Coast this summer
- 9 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Surrey
- 10 What's On in Cornwall, July 2022
To book call 01761 235194.