New Rolls Royce Wraith, Bentleys and Bugattis at Downside’s first Concours D’Elegance
- Credit: Archant
Downside Abbey, an iconic landmark in Somerset, will host its first Concours d’Elegance this Sunday.
With nearly 80 vintage cars coming along it’s set to be a great family day out over the Bank Holiday weekend. Motoring journalist Mark Whitchurch will be dropping in with the brand new Rolls Royce Wraith to join Aston Martins, a Jenson Open Tourer, Bristols and an Austin Healey. There’s even a vintage Fiat 500 in bright orange.
Vintage and classic cars will be grouped into three classes:
Pre-war – 1945-1967 – 1968-1984
One of the highlights and relevant to the venue is a Squire car, a 1935 Squire Ranalagh Tourer. The designer, Adrian Squire, was a pupil at Downside in the 1920s and designed his first car when he was still at school.
Three judges will have the extremely difficult task of choosing a winner for each Class before the Abbot of Downside, Dom Aidan Bellenger, chooses an overall winner for the ‘Abbot’s Cup’.
Tickets are £5 each, family ticket £15.
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 Welcome to Cornwall's most expensive village
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 5 A Cotswold nursery bags three awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 6 of the hottest property features for 2021/2022
- 7 Fish and chip shops in Dorset you need to try
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
To book call 01761 235194.