New Rolls Royce Wraith, Bentleys and Bugattis at Downside’s first Concours D’Elegance
- Credit: Archant
Downside Abbey, an iconic landmark in Somerset, will host its first Concours d’Elegance this Sunday.
With nearly 80 vintage cars coming along it’s set to be a great family day out over the Bank Holiday weekend. Motoring journalist Mark Whitchurch will be dropping in with the brand new Rolls Royce Wraith to join Aston Martins, a Jenson Open Tourer, Bristols and an Austin Healey. There’s even a vintage Fiat 500 in bright orange.
Vintage and classic cars will be grouped into three classes:
Pre-war – 1945-1967 – 1968-1984
One of the highlights and relevant to the venue is a Squire car, a 1935 Squire Ranalagh Tourer. The designer, Adrian Squire, was a pupil at Downside in the 1920s and designed his first car when he was still at school.
Three judges will have the extremely difficult task of choosing a winner for each Class before the Abbot of Downside, Dom Aidan Bellenger, chooses an overall winner for the ‘Abbot’s Cup’.
Tickets are £5 each, family ticket £15.
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 3 Restaurant review: The Victoria, Oxshott
- 4 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 5 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
- 6 Yorkshire's top 6 gastropubs named
- 7 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Exploring the Peak District village of Grindleford
- 10 Win £250 to spend on beauty treatments at M&M Aesthetics
To book call 01761 235194.