New support for Gloucester city businesses launched during Export Week
New sessions to help Gloucester city businesses explore the world of export have been announced during ‘Export Week’.
Working with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) the City Council has announced that from later this month (April) UKTI will be providing a range of sessions each month from the offices at North Warehouse at the Docks to help businesses make the most of opportunities out of the country.
Councillor Paul James, Leader, Gloucester City Council said: “Recent studies have shown that even through challenging economic times there are still fantastic opportunities for businesses to tap into emerging, high growth markets abroad and continue to grow.
“These sessions are just one way the City Council shows its dedication to supporting the businesses which will help the city to prosper for the future.”
Export Week is a bi-annual national event which forms part of a drive to double UK exports to £1trillion by 2020 and get 100,000 more companies exporting.
The monthly sessions running in Gloucester are:
Intellectual Property Rights - Centre for Cities ranked Gloucester 6th for the most patents granted per 100,000 residents in 2012 – these sessions will help businesses to find out about their intellectual property rights status and learn how to get the right protection. These sessions will take place the first Wednesday of the month: April 30, May 28, June 25, July 30, August 27 and September 24.
- 1 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 See inside this 400 year old Prestbury home on the market for £5.6 million
- 8 9 Norfolk hidden history sites opening for free
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
International Trade Advice - An International Trade Adviser will provide professional advice on a range of services, including financial subsidies, export documentation, contacts in overseas markets, overseas visits, e-commerce, export training and market research. Dates are: April 22, May 27, June 24, July 22, August 26, September 23, October 28, November 25 and December 23.
Contact Economic Development, Gloucester City Council on 01452 396974 or email email@example.com.