Oxfordshire-based Zeta has grant for LED approved
- Credit: Archant
Zeta has just received grant approval for a project value of £5million from the UK Government under the Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain Initiative (AMSCI).
This grant will allow Zeta to become one of the only companies in Europe that can manufacture LEDs from start to finish.
The project will run over three years and will involve large investment in plant and machinery, test equipment and staff in order to accelerate the business development for LED lighting.
Phil Shadbolt, the CEO of Zeta says, “This is a game changer for Zeta and for LED lighting in the UK. For so long manufacturing has been dominated by the Chinese; we now have the opportunity to repatriate this to the UK and provide better and lower cost products from Great Britain.”
The first step for Zeta will be to build a manufacturing process plant on-site in Oxfordshire which will not only ensure safer and higher quality LED products but also create many new and exciting jobs.
ZETA who are the lead partners, have collaborated with Plessey Semi-Conductors a household name for quality semiconductor technology, together this project will undoubtedly lead to more advanced LED technology becoming available.
The Zeta LifeBulb will be the first product to be manufactured using the new facilities and mass production is planned for 2014.
- 1 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
Zeta was launched in 1989 by Phil Shadbolt and Paul Tyrrell, both graduate electronic engineers who had previously worked together at Oxford Brooks University.
Zeta Specialist Lighting’s area of expertise is the design and manufacture of LED and Solar lighting solutions.
Zeta are now sales focused with an R&D emphasis on innovation. The Business is on a fast growth curve aiming to build on the success of 2012, with successful partnerships in place with blue chip companies.
More information can be found at www.zetaled.com and www.zetasolar.com