Paper and pencils poised at Petworth House for The Big Draw campaign
- Credit: Archant
Until Sunday 12 October, Petworth House is encouraging all visitors to get creative and take part in their free ‘Postcards from Petworth’ activity, as part of The Big Draw 2014.
The national Big Draw campaign will run from 1 October to 2 November across the UK and in twenty other countries, with 280,000 people expected to join in over 1000+ events.
There is one aim – to get everyone drawing – to enhance understanding of our world and find ways to interpret and communicate ideas better.
Learning Co-ordinator at Petworth House, Emma King comments:
“Petworth House and Park is really pleased to be taking part in The Big Draw this year. We think drawing is a fun way for everyone to reflect upon their experiences and ideas, and we encourage our visitors to do just this in our country house environment.
“Our ‘Postcards from Petworth’ activity - where visitors can pick up a blank postcard and pencil for free – calls upon visitors to sketch, shade or scribble their views of the landscape, state rooms or art collection, whist on their day out at the property.”
Postcards can then be mailed to friends and family, or left on display in The Big Draw ‘gallery’, displayed in the North Gallery at Petworth House, alongside collection highlights by Turner, Reynolds, Van Dyck and Gainsborough.
- 1 Is this the cosiest pub in Essex?
- 2 5 of the best sustainable places to eat in Yorkshire
- 3 Amazing Devon events in the second half of 2022
- 4 The Kent woman who turned her passion into a 1940s living museum
- 5 Essex staycation: sleep in this quirky refurbished train carriage
- 6 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 7 Enjoy this two and a half hour walk around the Miserden Estate
- 8 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 9 10 best Kent restaurants to visit in 2022
- 10 Win a unique candles and country house prize
‘Postcards from Petworth’ is available to visitors of all ages. The Big Draw will be running at Petworth House and Park from Sat 4 Oct – Sun 12 Oct. Normal admission charges apply. NT members, free.