Pate’s Festival of Education this June
- Credit: Archant
Pate’s Grammar School in Cheltenham is hosting a festival of education on Friday June 27, providing the opportunity to hear Phil Beadle and Tanya Byron talk about the development of resilience in both students and staff.
The theme of the event is ‘Bouncing Back’, with discussions about the strategies of coping with life’s pitfalls and how children and staff alike can cope with everyday disappointments. It will be a day of talks and interactive workshops which should be both challenging as well as informative.
Phil Beadle is an internationally recognised expert on teaching and learning. He has won national awards for both teaching and broadcasting and been nominated for a European Commission award for journalism. He is also an inner city English teacher.
Professor Tanya Byron is a psychologist who advises on policy relating to children, young people, mental health and education. Her television and media career has given national audiences an appreciation of issues around exploring and treating children’s behaviour problems.
All delegates will be offered a choice of workshops, led by Phil Beadle, Headteachers and other experts in the educational field.
Tickets for the course cost £150
Places are limited.
To book tickets, visit the direct ticket link: http://www.patesgs.ticketsource.co.uk
- 1 Is this the cosiest pub in Essex?
- 2 5 of the best sustainable places to eat in Yorkshire
- 3 The Kent woman who turned her passion into a 1940s living museum
- 4 Amazing Devon events in the second half of 2022
- 5 Essex staycation: sleep in this quirky refurbished train carriage
- 6 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 7 Enjoy this two and a half hour walk around the Miserden Estate
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Yorkshire Dales walk - Grassington to Hebden circular
- 10 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
For more information contact Jeanette Leahy: Tel: 01242 538276 | Email: Festival@patesgs.org