Plymouth College of Art: Summer Show 2015
- Credit: Archant
Plymouth College of Art is set to transform from a vibrant workshop and studio complex of teaching and making into a brilliant showcase for new work in art, craft, design, and digital as their annual Summer Show opens 10-17 June.
The specialist, independent art school – which offers a range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Pre-Degree study – will open its doors to the public on Wednesday 10th June, exhibiting student work from Animation to Illustration, Fashion to Fine Art, Film to Photography, Contemporary Crafts, and more.
College Principal Professor Andrew Brewerton said: “Our Summer Show is an extraordinary insight into the very heart of our diverse creative community – one that exceeds far beyond these buildings.
“It’s a glimpse of the future in the making, the chance to witness emerging trends and ideas in art, craft, design, and digital media.”
The annual Summer Show sees the college’s city centre transform into one big public exhibition space, entirely free and open to the public.
As part of the show BA (Hons) Fashion students will also host their Fashion Graduate Collections, their annual Fashion show, at Plymouth School of Creative Arts (the college’s Millbay-based free school) on 10th and 11th June 2015.
In the main campus show, final year Undergraduate and Pre-Degree students will have work on show and also for sale, while the Summer Show will also feature work from the college’s Young Arts Clubs, Short Courses, and its charity partner Jeremiah’s Journey.
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 The best Christmas markets and fairs in Yorkshire
- 5 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 6 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Lancashire
- 10 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
For students, it’s a fantastic opportunity to exhibit their work to a public audience, get noticed by industry, and also celebrate with their family and friends – as they prepare to step into the UK’s booming creative industries.
We’d be happy to invite members of the press to the show and would gladly give you a guided tour of our campus. Please get in touch to arrange.
Private View: Friday 12th June – 4-6pm (VIP & Industry), 6-8pm (Friends & Family)
Open to the public: