This is how you can get your hands on free tickets to the Poldark premiere in Redruth
- Credit: BBC/Mammoth Screen
The Poldark cast will return to Redruth for the 2019 Cornish premiere of the fifth and final series
Hundreds are expected to line the streets to see the stars of the hit show at the Regal Theatre in Redruth on Thursday, June 20 and the public can get their hands on free tickets to the screening through the BBC website (more details below).
Confirmed at this year's event are Eleanor Tomlinson (Demelza Poldark), Jack Farthing (George Warleggan), Luke Norris (Dr Dwight Enys) and Ellise Chappell (Morwenna Carne). Also attending will be Debbie Horsfield (Writer and Executive Producer) and Karen Thrussell (Executive Producer). They will walk the red carpet before the screening, and afterwards will take part in a live Q&A hosted by BBC Radio Cornwall's Debbie McCrory.
Eleanor Tomlinson said: "Cornwall is the heart of Poldark and I'm delighted to be returning to give our series the send-off it deserves, surrounded by the Cornish fans, without whom the series would not have been the success it is. Thank you for your constant support. I look forward to seeing you on the 20th June!"
Luke Norris added: "I can't wait to get back to Cornwall and share a sneak-preview of Poldark series 5 with some of the fans who have kept us going these past five years. It's been a magical time for all of us, thanks largely to the county and its people, and I will always be grateful for their support."
This is not the first time the cast have returned to the home of Poldark for a special screening - but this year promises to be the biggest yet. Last year an estimated 700 people lined the red carpet to meet the stars. Nearly six million people tuned in every week to watch the last episode of Poldark and the BBC recently revealed how important the 'Poldark effect' has been for local tourism.
How to get tickets:
More than 300 tickets will be available to the public through the BBC's Shows and Tours website.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 8 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
Tickets are likely to be oversubscribed so will be allocated through a random draw. You can apply for a maximum of two tickets.
You have until 5.30pm on Friday, June 7, to register.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the BBC Shows and Tours website.