Prevent Breast Cancer charity ball raises £20,000
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
Over 200 guests attended a glitzy ball at The Midland Hotel in Manchester in aid of the Prevent Breast Cancer charity.
Big-hearted guests dug deep when they attended a glamorous black tie ball at The Midland Hotel in Manchester for Prevent Breast Cancer.
This charity is the only UK-based breast cancer charity funding ground-breaking research, which is solely aimed at preventing the disease for future generations.
The occasion was hosted by Alison Bray and Kath McKenzie who both worked for Greater Manchester Police, when Kath McKenzie was sadly diagnosed with breast cancer.
After receiving excellent treatment at Wythenshawe Hospital’s world-renwowned Nightingale Centre, Kath wanted to help the cause in some way.
The evening started with a lively drinks reception where jazz singer Rachel Abbott entertained guests as they arrived.
After a delicious three-course meal, guests took part in an auction and raffle where local business including bosses of The Midland Hotel, kindly donated prizes.
- 1 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 5 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 6 Rare gold medal of Nelson's Norfolk protégé expected to sell for up to £80,000
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 Win tickets to BBC Gardeners' World Spring Fair
- 9 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 10 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
Those prizes included a helicopter ride, afternoon teas and a chance to drive an Audi TT for three days. The ball, which was attended by over 200 guests, raised an incredible £20,000 for the charity.