Primary Times ‘Reader Star Awards’ winners announced
- Credit: Archant
Having visited a lot of family attractions in Devon over the last few months we definitely have our favourites, but as newbies we are always on the look out for recommendations from other families, says STEPHANIE DARKES (@exploringexeter).
The winners of the Primary Times ‘Reader Star Awards’ (a survey of the Primary Times readership, parents of children aged 4 to 11 across Devon) makes for an interesting read. With one overall winner and nine different categories ranging from ‘Best Family Eating Place’ to ‘Best Event’ it gave us plenty more fodder for our ‘to do’ list.
The overall winner was Crealy Adventure Park, which is definitely a winner with our two children. Recently recommended to me on Twitter, the Pier House restaurant in Westward Ho! won the title of ‘Best Family Friendly Eating Place’.
It was great to see newcomers The Bear Trail in Cullompton winning in the Outdoor Play category, we visited there a few months ago and it’s clear that the owners have been working very hard to create a brilliant, educational family experience.
You can view all the winners here: http://www.primarytimes.net/devon/news/2016/11/primary-times-reader-star-award-winners-devon
Read about our experience of The Bear Trail here: https://exploringexeter.co.uk/2016/08/14/getting-our-sweat-on-at-the-bear-trail-in-cullompton/
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds