Ragley Hall to host Great British Food Festival
- Credit: Archant
Ragley Hall will be full of food lovers, chefs and artisan cooks for the first ever Great British Food Festival in Warwickshire, which takes place on September 13-14.
The line-up of the festival includes over 80 top local producers, celebrity & local chef demos, talks, kids and adult cookery lessons, live music, a ‘Cake Off’ competition and ‘Men v Food’ challenges.
Local and regional chefs will be giving free demos, offering hints, tips and advice to would-be bakers. There is also a “Cake-Off” which is open to anyone to enter; amateur bakers can bring along a cake and have it judged by the experts and by the public. Winners from the cake-off will take home a foodie prize - and as an additional incentive, all entrants get free admission to the festival.
How about taking on the Men vs Food Challenge? Challengers will be taking on either the Men vs Meat, Men vs Heat or the Men vs Wheat challenge. The various tests are open to all men and women and involve a foot of chilli sausage, half pound burgers, extra hot ‘suicide sauce’ and pints of cider, to name just a few.
Man vs Food organiser Tim Rushton said: “We’ve done this a few times now and it’s always entertaining, the hot sauces are a struggle for most! Lots don’t finish it. If you think you can, then get down to the event and the crowd acclaim, and a Man vs Food Champion t-shirt could be yours!”
Those looking for a more relaxing time can sit back and enjoy the live music with a tasty meal, in the resplendent surroundings of Ragley. Much of the event is under cover so there’s no need to worry about the weather being unfavourable.
Tickets cost £7.50 per adult, £3.50 for 5-12’s and under 5’s are free. The cost also includes grounds and gardens access to Ragley. For full details about the Festival please visit: www.greatbritishfoodfestival.com
For more information on Ragley please visit the website at www.ragley.co.uk
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go