Raworths Harrogate Literature Festival Lunch 2014
- Credit: Archant
Celebrated authors take to the stage at the Raworths Harrogate Literature Festival Lunch, part of the Harrogate International Festivals
It was our first literary lunch in partnership with Harrogate International Festivals and sponsors Raworths, Harrogate, one of Yorkshire’s leading firms of solicitors. We were excited to meet some of the most talented authors who gathered to celebrate their craft with a hugely appreciative audience at the St George Hotel, Harrogate.
Guest speakers at the lunch included bestselling comic author David Nobbs who lives near Harrogate, journalist and BBC Newsnight presenter and first-time author Kirsty Wark and journalist, author and political commentator Nick Cohen, who each gave us a glimpse into their lives as successful writers.
Readers and guests who joined us for lunch had the chance to meet the authors during a book signing. We hope to invite readers to many more wonderful exclusive events such as these in the coming months so look out for our special invitations.
Lemon possett with summer fruit compote
Mozzarella, tomato and basil crostini
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great pubs
- 5 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 6 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 Why James Bond actor Timothy Dalton is proud of his Belper roots
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
Roast chicken breast with creamed leeks, peppercorn sauce