Red Sea Pedestrians raise £300,000 at charity event
- Credit: Archant
Kym and co do their bit
An incredible £300,000 was raised at a charity ball in aid of Saint Mary’s Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and the Rheumatology Department at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.
Hosted by the Red Sea Pedestrians at the Lowry Hotel, the event was attended by celebrity guests including Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall, Lucy-Jo Hudson and Kym Marsh, who gave an emotional speech about the tragic loss of her baby and her then positive experience at Saint Mary’s Hospital.
The money raised will allow the hospital to buy four high frequency oscillation ventilators to help premature babies make a speedy recovery.
Antony Wagman, chair of trustees of The Red Sea Pedestrians, said: ‘We are absolutely overwhelmed by the continuous generosity of our guests.
‘We raised a life-changing amount of money for an incredibly worthy cause.’
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 8 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 9 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 10 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021