Red Sea Pedestrians raise £300,000 at charity event
- Credit: Archant
Kym and co do their bit
An incredible £300,000 was raised at a charity ball in aid of Saint Mary’s Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and the Rheumatology Department at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.
Hosted by the Red Sea Pedestrians at the Lowry Hotel, the event was attended by celebrity guests including Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall, Lucy-Jo Hudson and Kym Marsh, who gave an emotional speech about the tragic loss of her baby and her then positive experience at Saint Mary’s Hospital.
The money raised will allow the hospital to buy four high frequency oscillation ventilators to help premature babies make a speedy recovery.
Antony Wagman, chair of trustees of The Red Sea Pedestrians, said: ‘We are absolutely overwhelmed by the continuous generosity of our guests.
‘We raised a life-changing amount of money for an incredibly worthy cause.’
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire