Remember loved ones at Leckhampton Court hospice ‘Lights of Love’ event
- Credit: Archant
People across Gloucestershire are invited to join Sue Ryder Leckhampton Court Hospice to celebrate the lives of loved ones at a festive remembrance service
The local hospice’s annual ‘Lights of Love’ event takes place at St Matthews Church, Clarence Road in Cheltenham on Wednesday December 7, and everyone is warmly invited to attend.
Featuring Christmas carols and readings alongside a time for remembrance and reflection, the service starts at 6.30pm followed by festive refreshments.
The special gathering offers the opportunity to celebrate cherished memories of loved ones, with those attending having the opportunity to create a written dedication for loved ones on a dedication candle to display during the event.
‘Lights of Love’ is free to attend and is open to all, with any donations given helping Sue Ryder Leckhampton Court Hospice to continue providing care for local families.
Elise Hoadley, Director of Sue Ryder Leckhampton Court Hospice said, “Christmas is a special time when many of us remember and celebrate the lives of those we love and miss. Lights of Love is a way of remembering loved ones and also offers the chance to raise funds through donations so we can provide incredible care for those who need us throughout the year.
“It is a moving and memorable way to come together, remember, celebrate and give thanks for the lives and treasured memories of family and friends. Everyone is welcome to join us.”
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 3 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 10 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
The hospice provides the only inpatient care unit giving specialist hospice care in Gloucestershire alongside its day hospice and Hospice at Home team which takes the hospice’s specialist care out and about in people’s homes and local communities.
You can register your wish to attend online to help the hospice ensure they have enough refreshments for everyone. For more information and to inform the hospice you wish to attend please visit the website.