Renowned Cotswold ceramicist returns for one-off show
- Credit: Archant
Penny Hill’s first solo exhibition will be in her home town of Cirencester in March.
Penny will be showcasing her colourful ceramic designs at a special pop-up exhibition at the New Brewery Arts between March 17 - 30.
She is a self-taught artist with no formal training, exploring unstructured forms and colour, both in paintings and 3D work.
The show is also the first for her daughter, Charlie Hill, who has also decided to make a career within the art world but as an event and exhibition organiser. Charlotte has over five years gallery experience and wants to use this to help artists at the beginning of their commercial careers.
“Artventure’s purpose is to create innovative exhibitions in unused gallery space,” Charlie explained. “By keeping costs low we are able to help the artists grow and give them a realistic environment to sell their work.
“It is ironic that my first show should be promoting my mother who is used to bigger exhibitions but it is her first one-person show so is good experience for us both.”
- 1 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 2 How to make Jemma Melvin's Lemon Swiss Roll and Amaretti trifle
- 3 These are the Devon beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 4 Win tickets to see Alfie Boe and Michael Ball at Plymouth Central Park
- 5 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 6 10 Cheshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 10 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
For more information on Penny Hill, her work or Artventure please contact 07724733159. The exhibition will take place at the New Brewery Arts between March 17 - 30.