Renowned Cotswold ceramicist returns for one-off show
- Credit: Archant
Penny Hill’s first solo exhibition will be in her home town of Cirencester in March.
Penny will be showcasing her colourful ceramic designs at a special pop-up exhibition at the New Brewery Arts between March 17 - 30.
She is a self-taught artist with no formal training, exploring unstructured forms and colour, both in paintings and 3D work.
The show is also the first for her daughter, Charlie Hill, who has also decided to make a career within the art world but as an event and exhibition organiser. Charlotte has over five years gallery experience and wants to use this to help artists at the beginning of their commercial careers.
“Artventure’s purpose is to create innovative exhibitions in unused gallery space,” Charlie explained. “By keeping costs low we are able to help the artists grow and give them a realistic environment to sell their work.
“It is ironic that my first show should be promoting my mother who is used to bigger exhibitions but it is her first one-person show so is good experience for us both.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 5 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 6 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 7 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Derbyshire this summer
For more information on Penny Hill, her work or Artventure please contact 07724733159. The exhibition will take place at the New Brewery Arts between March 17 - 30.