Restaurant Review - Man Zen Chinese Restaurant, Hale
- Credit: Non Archant
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds
Man Zen Chinese Restaurant,
169-171 Ashley Road, Hale
WA15 9SD 0161 928 1222
STYLE OF VENUE
A good Chinese restaurant that’s popular with locals. They offer a takeaway service too.
- 1 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 Cornwall's weirdest pub names
- 7 Win a modern Guernsey cushion cover kit
- 8 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 9 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
Smart and chic but fairly simple. The walls are plain - in comparison with traditionally styled Chinese restaurants - save for atmospheric artefacts.
Relaxed and the staff are friendly and welcoming.
Attentive but it’s still pleasantly discreet.
ON THE MENU
How long have you got? There are plenty of familiar Chinese dishes and a few nice surprises too. You can create your own dishes by combining your favourite rice or noodles with a meat or fish and sauce of your choice. The dim sum is excellent. We spent a good 15 minutes weighing up the various options available. We’d just missed the ‘early bird’ deal which is a menu offering two courses for £9.90 Sunday to Friday between 5.30-7pm. Man Zen is easily as good as anywhere in Manchester’s Chinatown.
Two courses each, with extra dim sum, one ice cream (I was too full for dessert) plus Chinese beers and coffees, came to £59.