Restaurant Review - Man Zen Chinese Restaurant, Hale
- Credit: Non Archant
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds
Man Zen Chinese Restaurant,
169-171 Ashley Road, Hale
WA15 9SD 0161 928 1222
STYLE OF VENUE
A good Chinese restaurant that’s popular with locals. They offer a takeaway service too.
- 1 6 of the best October walks in Cheshire
- 2 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 6 of the best October walks in Yorkshire
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 7 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 8 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 12 great things to do in Tiverton
Smart and chic but fairly simple. The walls are plain - in comparison with traditionally styled Chinese restaurants - save for atmospheric artefacts.
Relaxed and the staff are friendly and welcoming.
Attentive but it’s still pleasantly discreet.
ON THE MENU
How long have you got? There are plenty of familiar Chinese dishes and a few nice surprises too. You can create your own dishes by combining your favourite rice or noodles with a meat or fish and sauce of your choice. The dim sum is excellent. We spent a good 15 minutes weighing up the various options available. We’d just missed the ‘early bird’ deal which is a menu offering two courses for £9.90 Sunday to Friday between 5.30-7pm. Man Zen is easily as good as anywhere in Manchester’s Chinatown.
Two courses each, with extra dim sum, one ice cream (I was too full for dessert) plus Chinese beers and coffees, came to £59.