Restaurant Review - Nova Restaurant, Heswall
- Credit: not Archant
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds
STYLE OF VENUE
Bijou brilliance! Nova is a neighbourhood restaurant in a former shop offering innovative, flavoursome food in a smart setting. It’s owned by Nova’s chef Moyo Benson, and his wife, Jana.
ON THE MENU
The menu changes often as there’s a concentration on seasonal, local produce. We enjoyed the Saturday lunch menu: three courses for £15 or two for £12! I had pear tart, celeriac and goats’ cheese. It was exceptional. My companion was impressed by smoked haddock fish cake with beetroot. For mains he raved about ‘Take on Goulash’ which involved neck of pork, cabbage, roasted mushroom and root vegetables. My pan fried cod loin, puy lentils, onion and radish was so superb I told Jana they should charge more. Mention must be made of the bread, included in the price, made on the premises. We had bread rolls with cranberry. I’d return for that alone. Desserts: I opted for lemon meringues with lemon curd and panacotta. Yum. Paul wolfed down roasted pear, date cake and bay leaf ice cream. He declared it ‘exquisite’. Coffee and petit four were of a similarly high standard There’s also a decent wine list.
DECOR and AMBIENCE
Classy, modern and relaxing. Soft lighting, dark wood, plain walls adorned by original artwork, striped velvety high-backed chairs.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
Excellent: prompt and friendly.
Our superb three courses with a bottle of wine, coffees and petit four came to a total of £55.
68 Pensby Road, Heswall
Wirral, CH60 7RE
Tel 0151 342 9959