Restaurant reviews of 2013
- Credit: Archant
We take a look back at our favourite restaurants reviewed in Sussex Life magazines from 2013 giving you ideas for a meal out this Christmas
The Anderida Restaurant – February 2013
Ashdown Park Hotel and Country Club, 01342 824988, www.ashdownpark.com/anderidarestaurant.
“The restaurant, under the guardianship of Head Chef Andrew Wilson, holds two AA rosettes and offers classic contemporary dishes as well as an eight-course tasting menu.”
The Giggling Squid – May 2013
Church Road, Hove (01273 771991); Market Street, Brighton (01273 737373); High Street, Crawley (01293 530455), www.gigglingsquid.com.
“At the rate these restaurants are popping up all over the South East you’ll most likely run into one sooner or later. If you don’t, it’s well worth seeking out.”
The White Horse – June 2013
1 High Street, Chilgrove, Chichester, PO18 9HX, 01243 519444, www.thewhitehorse.co.uk.
“After this parade of gluttony, during which we chatted to our next door neighbours – a local chef and his companion, surely a good sign – we retired to the convivial bar. And from there it was just a few steps to bed in one of the self-contained en-suite cottages… Sweet dreams are made of this.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
Curious Pig in the Parlour – July 2013
Effingham Road, Copthorne, Nr Crawley, RH10 3HY, 01342 716202, www.curiouspigintheparlour.com.
“The meat was melt-in-the-mouth soft, but gloriously naturally flavoured – as the menu had promised, a really great cut of meat.”
Crompton’s – September 2013
12 Bishopric, Horsham, RH12 1QR, 01403 252286, www.cromptons-horsham.co.uk.
“If you’re after something more than pub grub (be it a bite to eat or a full three-course-meal), and want real home-cooked tasting food, served by the most charming of staff, who really can’t do enough for you, then this is undoubtedly the place to come.”
Yum Yum Ninja – October 2013
15-18 Meeting House Lane, Brighton, 01273 326330, www.yumyumninja.com.
“Perfect for convivial, elbows-on-the-table group soirees and cosy couples alike, Yum Yum Ninja is putting the spice back into destination dining.”
The Richmond Arms – November 2013
Goodwood, 01243 775537, www.goodwood.co.uk.
“The food was not only impressively presented but tasted incredible. We will all certainly be returning soon, to show off this destination eatery.”