RGB organise coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
South West based builders merchants, RGB, have organised a ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ on Friday 27 September to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support and help local people affected by cancer.
All 17 RGB branches across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset are hosting a breakfast morning as a tribute to the recent tragic loss of RGB Paignton branch manager Andy Shinner.
Each branch will be cooking up breakfast, brewing coffee and inviting customers to come along between 8am and 11am to enjoy breakfast for a donation to the charity.
Kevin Fenlon, Chief Executive from RGB said ‘We wanted to do something special after losing our colleague to cancer. We are hoping that our customers will support us and come and enjoy a Big Builders Breakfast and help raise funds for people affected by cancer.’
Local Fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support Sian Ward-Edwards said ‘It is great to have all of the RGB branches taking part this year in World’s Biggest Coffee Morning. Every day in Devon and Cornwall 27 people hear the words ‘you have cancer’ and face the toughest fight of their lives. We aim to be there to support them medically, emotionally, practically and financially, but we rely totally on donations to do this. We are really grateful for RGB for taking part and helping us’.
To find your nearest RGB branch visit www.rgbltd.co.uk . For further details of World’s Biggest Coffee Morning please visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee. If you are affected by cancer please call the free Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 7 Autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 8 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 9 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire