Roadford Outdoor + Active Centre
- Credit: Archant
With over 730 acres of water, Roadford Lake is a spectacular lake set on the edge of Dartmoor between Okehampton and Launceston.
This popular Outdoor + Active Centre offers a variety of watersports and land based activities, making it a haven for all sports fanatics. Whether you are in to sailing, windsurfing and kayaking or climbing, high ropes and archery, Roadford is a guaranteed fun day out for all the family.
Face your fears and swing like a monkey from the treetops on our 40 foot high ropes course, take part in our watersports taster session or even gain RYA and BCU qualifications. The possibilities are endless at this fantastic site. You can even launch your own craft or hire one of ours.
If you prefer a bit of angling then fly fishing at Roadford Lake is an experience not to be missed. We have a limited number of angling boats, so booking is a must in order to avoid disappointment.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
On the Southern bank on the lake you will find many miles of paths following the shorelines and meandering through woodland. There’s also a wealth of wildlife to watch and discover, so whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll or a more challenging walk, whatever your ability there is something for everyone at the lake.
The forest cycle tracks provide a safe, off-road family route taking in views of the lake and wildlife. Visit the cob shelter or bird hide on the Coombepark Walk. There are viewing points along the walks with benches to rest your legs and enjoy a picnic.
After an adrenaline filled day you will find the Lakeside cafe and Function Suite which includes a Visitor Centre, giving information on the history of the valley, with interactive exhibits. The Lakeside cafe and gift shop and Visitor Centre are open daily. You can even extend your stay and make use of the excellent camping facilities on site.