Rodmarton School Fete: Saturday, July 6, 12 noon-3pm
- Credit: Archant
Rodmarton School announces its fete on Saturday, July 6 with a striking poster designed by renowned British illustrator and graphic artist Marcus Walters.
Arrive in time for lunch - there will be plenty of food and drink including a bar, kindly sponsored by The Inn at Fossebridge, a lamb roast, a BBQ, cake and tea stand, ice cream, sweet stalls and a candy floss stand.
Don’t forget to bring your faithful family friend as the Fun Dog Show, kindly sponsored by Strutt and Parker, will be held at 1pm. Who will win the prize for the best trick, the waggiest tail, best-looking bitch and handsomest dog or show off their agility prowess?
Not to be outdone by their smaller four-legged friends there will also be pony rides, while the raffle will be drawn at 3pm. Over £2,000 of prizes have been donated so be sure to buy a ticket.
Attractions will include Fire Engines and Tractors. Children can expend their energy on Bouncy Castles, Inflatable Slides and Go Karts. There will be plenty of chances to have Trailer rides and to test your skills at Beat the Goalie, Mini Jumps kindly sponsored by Bramblecrest, Tag Rugby run by JR Rugby, and Multi Sports run by iCan Sports.
More traditional games will include Welly Wanging, Hook A Duck, Splat A Rat a Treasure Hunt and of course a Tug of War.
If you would rather be pampered, there will be face painting, temporary tattoos and nail painting. For those looking for a little retail therapy, there will be a second hand toy stand, book stall and clothes stall.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
Headmaster Colin Jones says, “We can’t get over the overwhelming generosity of local people and businesses who have designed posters, sponsored the bar, the BBQ, the family dog show and given amazing prizes for the raffle. The fete should be a really fun family day out and will hopefully raise money so the school can continue to provide more opportunities for the pupils such as theatre trips, music and drama, IT, extra language lessons and sports.”
Rodmarton Primary School, Rodmarton, Cirencester, GL7 6PE, tel: 01285 841284, www.rodmarton.ik.org