Role reversal for art therapists in Stroud exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A group of local Art Psychotherapists have come together to exhibit as artists at the Star Anise Arts Café Gallery in Stroud, Gloucestershire, between October 28 and November 23.
Whilst the images exhibited are not specifically about Art Psychotherapy, the profession does inform their art making and the way they think about their work. The exhibition showcases a diverse range of artistic styles including figurative, abstract and conceptually orientated art works.
Art Psychotherapists usually have an arts degree as well as post-graduate training in Art Psychotherapy and continuing to produce artwork as part of their on-going professional development. Art Psychotherapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses art media as a primary method of communication. This can be particularly useful to describe and explore complicated or contradictory ideas and feelings. Art Psychotherapists work with a wide range of clients with emotional, behavioural or mental health problems, learning or physical difficulties, life-limiting conditions, neurological conditions and physical illness.
All the Art Psychotherapists included in the show are professionally registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and the British Association of Art Therapists.
The exhibition will run from October 28 to November 23. The cafe and gallery are open from Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm, and Saturday 8.30am-5pm.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
Star Anise Arts Café,
Tel: 01453 840021
More information about Art Psychotherapy can be found at: www.baat.org