Filmmakers arrive in town for the Scarborough UK film premiere
- Credit: Archant
The Stephen Joseph Theatre in Scarborough hosted the UK Premiere for new critically acclaimed film Scarborough, a day following the BBC sitcom of the same name.
The packed premiere was attended by writer-director Barnaby Southcombe (I, Anna), original playwright Fiona Evans and Hollywood composer Daniel Pembleton (All the Money in the World, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword), who scored the film, all of whom participated in a special Q&A afterwards. The film was a huge hit with local audiences and continues its cinema release right across the region.
In the film, two mismatched lovers arrive at the seaside town seeking an escape from the constraints of real life. Liz, desperately shy and beautiful, seems older than her companion, the happy-go-lucky and impulsive Daz. In their faded hotel room, amongst the peeling wallpaper and away from the prying eyes of their hometown, they laugh, quarrel, make love and enjoy their anonymity.
In an identical room in the same hotel, the sensitive artist Aiden and Beth, a fiery and impulsive young woman, tell the same story. As both couples are forced to come to terms with the illicit nature of their impossible love, power shifts from one lover to the other, and joy turns to heartache as they reel from the destructive force of illicit love.
Scarborough, from the executive producers of Lady Macbeth, stars Jodhi May (Netflix's The Witcher), Jordan Bolger (Peaky Blinders), Edward Hogg (Jupiter Ascending) and Jessica Barden (The Lobster, The End of the F***king World).
Scarborough is out now in selected cinemas from Kaleidoscope Entertainment
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich