Sharpham House Regency Charity Event
- Credit: Christine Sweetman
Your chance to enjoy a Regency evening at Sharpham House
Sharham House at Ashprington is a magnificent Georgian building well known for its programme of retreats and spiritual events. However, thanks to the generosity of its trustees, on February 8 the doors are being thrown open for an evening of Regency inspired festivities. There will be live music, period dancing with a caller, a three course buffet, a photographer, a raffle and a few surprises.
The backdrop to the festivities is the interior of the house, not normally open to visitors, and described as “spectacular and daring.” An evening to drive away the winter gloom and get everyone in the mood for Valentine’s Day is guaranteed.
The event is being held to raise funds for Amnesty International, and is being organised by the South Devon Amnesty Group. “We expect there will be a queue of people wanting to come and travel back to Regency times with us and raise money for charity at the same time,” says the Group’s chair, Leonie van Wijk.”Thanks again to Sharpham House for inviting us to host this great event in their magnificent house. ”
Professional Photographer Christine Sweetman, who specialises in period shots, will be at the event, along with costumes, so guests can have photos taken in full Georgian finery in a genuine Georgian setting if they choose. There will be an extra charge for this.
Tickets will be on sale in January. Dressing up is optional.
£40 a head for the whole evning, which includes a 3 course Georgian inspired buffet
- 1 Try this three mile walk around Belper
- 2 Essex staycation: sleep in this quirky refurbished train carriage
- 3 6 places to view snowdrops in Yorkshire
- 4 Amazing Devon events in the second half of 2022
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 7 The Kent woman who turned her passion into a 1940s living museum
- 8 Is this the cosiest pub in Essex?
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
£22.50 for the whole evening without food
Please contact Leonie van Wijk at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01803 867681 if
you would like to: reserve your tickets, volunteer at the event or donate raffle tickets.