27 Somerset businesses offering takeaways, deliveries and click-and-collect
The second coronavirus lockdown means a return to takeaway, delivery and click-and-collect services for many businesses across the country.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has ordered a four-week closure of non-essential shops and firms in England in a bid to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Here are the independent businesses in Somerset who are still open contactless for customers for the next month:
- The Farthings Hotel in Hatch Beauchamp will be offering a takeaway and grocery delivery service from the hotel daily. For details call 01823 480664.
- 1 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- Tone Gate Motors in Milverton Road, Tonedale, are staying open to serve the local community including members of the NHS frontline and key workers besides their regular clients. For details call 01823 667373.
- Rosie's Larder in Fore Street, Wellington, will be open during lockdown for groceries and takeaway drinks. Call 01823 617620 for details.
- Immix Coffee in Creech St Michael will have a click and collect through their website (www.immix.coffee) and have takeaway coffees available on site from 9am to 3pm from Tuesday to Friday. Their products will also be available from Friday at Lydeard Farm Shop, Bishop's Lydeard.
- Bloomin Lovely Flower Shop in Howard Road, Wellington, is offering a delivery service. Alternatively, you can order online at www.bloomin-lovely.co.uk/ or call 01823 661000.
- Sweet Peas Sweets and Confectionary in Tiverton will be offering a delivery service to Wellington and the surrounding areas during lockdown. For details email email@example.com
- Taunton Independent Market is offering a click and collect. For more information www.tauntonmarket.co.uk.
- No. 1 Regent Street, Burnham-on-Sea, will be selling gift vouchers, products and Christmas gift sets while the hair salon is closed. Available for collection or delivery - 01278 788352.
- The Black Swan, Langport – Sunday Roast available to collect from November 15, 12pm onwards.
- Smith and Evans, Langport – Offering wine from their cellar door on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Unicorn Hotel, Somerton - Food to takeaway from Thursday to Sunday.
- My Coffee Stop, Shepton Mallet - Grocery Essentials, click and collect from the shop, or local delivery, all contact free. Zerowaste, Plant based, Organic and Plastic Free items, with special offers too.
- Victoria’s Sponges, Evercreech – offering free delivery or collection to Shepton Mallet.
- Wyrdraven, Glastonbury - Selling meads and all things Norse/Viking. Offering a collection service at a prearranged time - customers can also pay on the door.
- Posh Vegan, Glastonbury - Friday night takeaway and celebration cakes available for delivery.
- The Nestcake Caravan, Shepton Mallet - Offering bakery items. Free delivery.
- Alce Harfield, Dean (Shepton Mallet) - offering paintings, print, mugs, cushions and more. Free delivery.
- Oldhams, fish and grill restaurant, Frome – Offering takeaway, collection and delivery.
- The Milk Lady & Whites Farm Shop in Burnham-on-Sea remain open with normal business hours, and will be providing a delivery service to Weston, Cheddar, Bridgwater and surrounding villages. Can also order online for click and collect.
- the Veg Man deliver fresh milk, bread and fruit and veg to Burnham and surrounding areas - search for Facebook page or call 07712 412640.
- Rob's Fish Bar in Highbridge are offering click and collect orders. Call 01278 782008.
- Kerrys Card Kreations in Market Street, Highbridge, are now offering a click and collect service through their Facebook page. Search for Kerrys Card Kreations on Facebook for details.
- The Boathouse Cafe in Market Street, Highbridge, is offering takeaways and hot meals for pensioners that will be delivered to their door. Christmas meals are also available. For details call Claire Taylor on 07596170085.
- Pizza lovers can still get a take-away pizza from Bath Pizza Co. in Green Park Station or from the ‘smallest pizzeria in the world’ – The Pizza Bike at the Bell Inn, in Walcot Street will deliver you an amazing sourdough pizza, available every Friday and Saturday, 4-9pm.
- Mint Room at Home will bring you the restaurants’ outstanding menu that draws upon both traditional and modern Indian cuisine. Using British ingredients, the menu places emphasis on distinctive, adventurous, and highly flavoursome dishes. Call the restaurant for more details.
- Simi’s Kitchen homemade supper clubs can be collected from Pulteney Street or delivered to your home for an extra charge. Based around produce grown in her own allotment, dishes are mainly vegetarian with one meat option. Phone: 01225 789554.
- Loves Café in Weston is resuming its takeaway service and selling essential items to support the community and local producers as the country goes into lockdown. Phone: 01934 645672
If you know a business which is offering these services and it's not featured on the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org