A message from Somerset Life editor Charlotte Skidmore: We’re #ThereWithYou
- Credit: Archant
For however long this current situation lasts we want to assure our readers and followers that we will strive to bring you the best of Somerset and our county’s amazing community spirit.
We are indeed, as May’s cover says, #ThereWithYou through the tough times that the coronavirus has brought to all our worlds over the past month.
As I sit here in my home office thinking about what I am going to write to you this month, I ask myself ‘How do I put it all into words’? So, I’ll simply tell you that I feel your pain, I feel your anxiety and I too feel that sense of uncertainty clouding all of our lives. But I will do my utmost in the coming weeks or months to help you feel that light at the end of the tunnel, to help keep you occupied, informed and, I very much hope, reassured.
We have a special stay home subscription offer that I’d urge you to look at, so that you can indeed stay home and stay safe, but still be able to read your favourite county magazine.
We are in this together as a community and I am humbled by the way our neighbours have become each other’s support and I will forever be grateful to the many key workers who are helping us get through this dreadful situation.
I went out for a walk this morning with my husband and daughter and people shouted ‘hello’ to each other across the street and an elderly gentleman waved to me from his lounge window. I find some comfort in these things and I also find beauty in things I can see and do, that may otherwise have slipped passed me unnoticed. The world is still beautiful but it is just going through a tough time at the moment.
These are tragic times that we find ourselves in and my thoughts go out to all of you - our readers, our advertisers, our community.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
Stay safe, we at Somerset Life are with you every step of the way.
Until next time.
Editor - Somerset Life
Stay home. Stay safe. Read your favourite magazine
6 issues of Print and digital for £10
Keep your mind busy with Somerset Life Magazine, your way.