Spectacular showcase: Mid Devon Show
- Credit: Archant
The best of Devon life will be on display at the Mid Devon Show in July
A spectacular showcase of the best of Devon life - that’s the promise of the award-winning 21st Mid Devon Show to be held in the beautiful grounds of Hartnoll Farm, Post Hill, near Tiverton, on Saturday, 26 July.
Devon’s own daredevil stunt rider Jamie Squibb, will provide a motorcycle display guaranteed to thrill while Mid Devon’s paralympic contender, renowned local, national and internationally acclaimed rider, Ed Chanin from Bickleigh returns to the show to give a dressage demonstration on his powerful black horse My Rubicon.
Main ring entertainment includes the Chilly Paws Huskies, heavy horses, vintage machinery, private driving, pony club games, parade of hounds, classic car and motorbike parade, Young Farmers competitions and a grand parade.
Top class livestock from the most respected breeders in the West Country will be out in force, with high entries for dairy and beef cattle, both native and continental as well as sheep, pigs and pygmy goats including full sections of many British rare breeds.
The West Country’s own comedian and entertainer, the “Widecombe Wag” Tony Beard, plays host to an impressive line-up of talented entertainers including Barracuda, Tiverton Town Band, City Steam Jazz Band, Kalash Tribal and Mr Showers in the very popular music and dance pavilion.
The countryside arena will feature the British Fly Casting Club, Owls R Us, Devon Birds of Prey, North Devon Gun Dogs, Kyrton Archers as well as Gun Safety, Huskie Dogs and Ferret Racing plus Heavy Horse Teams.
Gates open to the public from 9am and advance tickets are available at the reduced rate of: adults £13 or children (5-16) £4, available online at middevonshow.co.uk until close of business on Monday, 21 July. Thereafter the gate prices are adults £14 and children £5
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District