St Ann’s Hospice charity lunch, Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Credit: Manchester Evening News
A Lunch for St Ann’s.
Leading figures from the world of sport and business gathered at the Mere Golf Resort and Spa for a special lunch in aid of St Ann’s Hospice in Sale.
The event was organised by Pat Loftus, Vice Chairman of Deloitte, and raised £13,000 for the charity where his mother was a volunteer for many years.
Guests of honour was Linzi Prescott, wife of the former St Helens Rugby League player Steve, who died just over a year ago after a seven-year battle with a rare form of stomach cancer.
Pat said: ‘St Ann’s has cared for several of my close friends and I’d like to thank the business community for rallying round such a great cause. The hospice helps people with life-limiting illnesses and Steve was an inspiration to us all despite suffering from such a serious condition.’
Photography by Dominic Salter
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 5 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 6 great walks near Skipton
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit