St Ann’s Hospice charity lunch, Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Credit: Manchester Evening News
A Lunch for St Ann’s.
Leading figures from the world of sport and business gathered at the Mere Golf Resort and Spa for a special lunch in aid of St Ann’s Hospice in Sale.
The event was organised by Pat Loftus, Vice Chairman of Deloitte, and raised £13,000 for the charity where his mother was a volunteer for many years.
Guests of honour was Linzi Prescott, wife of the former St Helens Rugby League player Steve, who died just over a year ago after a seven-year battle with a rare form of stomach cancer.
Pat said: ‘St Ann’s has cared for several of my close friends and I’d like to thank the business community for rallying round such a great cause. The hospice helps people with life-limiting illnesses and Steve was an inspiration to us all despite suffering from such a serious condition.’
Photography by Dominic Salter
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire