St John St Gallery & Café
- Credit: Archant
St John Street Gallery & Café is spread over three floors of a spacious Victorian building in the historic market town of Ashbourne.
Once Ashbourne’s Magistrate’s Court, it now showcases some of the area’s most talented artists in relaxed and informal surroundings. The Gallery displays an eclectic mixture of paintings, prints, sculpture, pottery, bronze and glassware. While we are proud to display work from our local artists such as Lewis Nobel, Wendy Darker, Louise Jannetta, Mark Smith, Martyn Overs and Rhod Hepworth, work from renowned artists from all over the country is also available, i.e. Jiri Borsky, John Connolly, Sir Peter Blake, Barbara Rae, Patrick Hughes, John Piper, Simon Palmer and many more.
Regular exhibitions take place at the Gallery, i.e. “Dancing with Light” by widely respected photographer Maria Falconer during April; in May renowned Derbyshire artist, Lewis Noble, will exhibit some of his latest work at the gallery.
The Gallery houses its own award winning Café where the focus is on flavoursome, healthy food in a Mediterranean style. We prepare our food on the premises containing the highest quality produce from leading local suppliers with healthy options always available. The café serves high quality Italian coffee, a variety of teas and alcoholic drinks and offers a choice of delicious cakes all baked on the premises. Soya based drinks form part of the hot and cold drinks on offer. A wide range of vegetarian and gluten free food is also available.
- 1 Cotswold designers win big at Chelsea Flower Show in 2022
- 2 Slade star's wife gets two-book deal – without trading on her famous name
- 3 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 4 The life and death of Manchester Arena bombing victim Martyn Hett
- 5 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 6 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 7 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 22 fab half term and Jubilee activities in Devon
- 9 Where and when to watch The Queen's Jubilee Flypast
- 10 Noddy Holder's wife: my guide to being married to a rock star
The spacious Café provides ample seating capacity and small to medium groups can be easily accommodated. The separate mezzanine floor is ideal for meetings, workshops or just a friendly get together. Bookings are essential.