St Luke’s Hospice 25th anniversary, Tirley Garth
- Credit: Archant
A star-studded weekend of food and fashion put more than £100,000 in the coffers of a major Cheshire hospice appeal.
More than 900 people enjoyed a ball, lunch and fashion show at Tirley Garth in Tarporley – the stunning arts and crafts home of TV’s Brookside, Grange Hill and Hollyoaks creator Phil Redmond and his wife, Alexis.
The occasion marked the 25th anniversary of St Luke’s Hospice in Winsford, with proceeds going to its new Centre of Excellence, near Sandbach, which is due to open soon. It will offer treatment and support to people with dementia and life-limiting illnesses. Specialist training will be provided for people caring for the frail and elderly in the community.
Appeal spokeswoman Martha Hine said: ‘Phil and Alexis Redmond showed tremendous hospitality and worked with the event committee to make it a huge success.’
A giant marquee in the grounds of Tirley Garth provided a stylish art deco-themed setting for a ball attended by many of Mr Redmond’s celebrity friends.
Boodles, Bentley and British Airways were the sponsors of the weekend.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way