St Luke’s Hospice 25th anniversary, Tirley Garth
- Credit: Archant
A star-studded weekend of food and fashion put more than £100,000 in the coffers of a major Cheshire hospice appeal.
More than 900 people enjoyed a ball, lunch and fashion show at Tirley Garth in Tarporley – the stunning arts and crafts home of TV’s Brookside, Grange Hill and Hollyoaks creator Phil Redmond and his wife, Alexis.
The occasion marked the 25th anniversary of St Luke’s Hospice in Winsford, with proceeds going to its new Centre of Excellence, near Sandbach, which is due to open soon. It will offer treatment and support to people with dementia and life-limiting illnesses. Specialist training will be provided for people caring for the frail and elderly in the community.
Appeal spokeswoman Martha Hine said: ‘Phil and Alexis Redmond showed tremendous hospitality and worked with the event committee to make it a huge success.’
A giant marquee in the grounds of Tirley Garth provided a stylish art deco-themed setting for a ball attended by many of Mr Redmond’s celebrity friends.
Boodles, Bentley and British Airways were the sponsors of the weekend.
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 A Cotswold nursery bags three awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 4 Welcome to Cornwall's most expensive village
- 5 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 9 Fish and chip shops in Dorset you need to try
- 10 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!