Strictly St Rocco’s charity dance competition raises £32,000
- Credit: Archant
Sequins, chiffon and sassy dance moves thrilled guests at a glamorous Strictly event which raised over £32,000 for a Warrington hospice
It was top marks for head teacher Ben Dunne when he and dance partner Dr Emma Wilding waltzed off with the Strictly St Rocco’s glitterball trophy.
Ben and Emma’s quickstep earned them a perfect score of five tens from the judges at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa- and the lion’s share of the audience vote.
Dressed in black tails, Penketh High School principal and his experienced partner - in shimmering blue and gold chiffon - wowed guests with their Fred and Ginger style routine to ‘Dancing Cheek to Cheek’.
The couple were one of ten pairs who took to the floor to raise over £32,000 for St Rocco’s Hospice. Novice dancers teamed up with professionals and were trained by Cadman’s Dance Centre, in Sale, to compete in a one-night version of the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Cheshire Life editor Louise Allen-Taylor was one of the nervous amateurs. She and her partner Mark Anders (fiancé of winner Emma Wilding) performed a rumba to Tina Turner’s Goldeneye to earn them five nines from the judges.
Also stepping out were: Johanne Sutton (day unit sister at St Rocco’s), Emma Hutchinson (Business Development Director, Livewire and Culture Warrington), Lisa Foden (Marketing Manager, Foden Estates), Kevin Walker (Director, Walker Begley Accountants), Lewis Shand-Smith (Chief Ombudsman), Denis Stevenson (Senior Director, Rowlinsons Solicitors), Bethany Cammack (Miss Teen Galaxy), and Councillor David Keane (Warrington Borough Council).
- 1 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 The Somerset villages with the strangest names
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 6 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 7 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 10 5 stunning summer walks in Suffolk
One thing’s for sure: they’ll all ke-e-ep dancing!