Strictly St. Rocco’s’ dance event raises over £30,000
- Credit: Archant
Look out Brucie and Tess! There’s a Cheshire version of Strictly following in your dance steps.
Taking the hit BBC TV show as their inspiration, ten local amateur dancers bravely stepped into the limelight with professional partners to raise money for St. Rocco’s Hospice in Bewsey, Warrington.
The event ‘Strictly St. Rocco’s’ was staged at Mere Golf Hotel and Spa Resort and helped raise over £30,000.
The dancers from across Warrington had their own Strictly experience in learning to dance and their efforts were admired as they took to the floor in front of judges Ben Westwood, Beryl Rigby, Ralph Casson and the Mayor of Warrington Cllr Peter Carey.
Over 350 guests attended and after the judges’ scores and audience votes had been counted the winners were announced. It was local journalist Vicki Stockman and dance partner Jamie Sloan who wowed the judges with their Viennese Waltz. Second place went to entrepreneur Holly Ikin and dance partner Chris Savage who performed a cheeky Cha Cha Cha and got the guests up on their feet.
Hospice Matron Alison White said: ‘Strictly St Rocco’s summed up everything about St Rocco’s that is so special- it captured the hearts and minds of the community and raised over £30,000 towards patient care.
‘We would like to thank everyone who attended and the dance couples brave enough to put themselves through the experience! Special thanks must go to our sponsor Jones Lang LaSalle and Cadman’s Dance Centre, whose support and expertise made it all possible. The judges and hosts also did a superb job.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 12 great things to do in Tiverton
- 5 It’s a Cotswold hat-trick at Chelsea!
- 6 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 7 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon