Strictly St. Rocco’s’ dance event raises over £30,000
- Credit: Archant
Look out Brucie and Tess! There’s a Cheshire version of Strictly following in your dance steps.
Taking the hit BBC TV show as their inspiration, ten local amateur dancers bravely stepped into the limelight with professional partners to raise money for St. Rocco’s Hospice in Bewsey, Warrington.
The event ‘Strictly St. Rocco’s’ was staged at Mere Golf Hotel and Spa Resort and helped raise over £30,000.
The dancers from across Warrington had their own Strictly experience in learning to dance and their efforts were admired as they took to the floor in front of judges Ben Westwood, Beryl Rigby, Ralph Casson and the Mayor of Warrington Cllr Peter Carey.
Over 350 guests attended and after the judges’ scores and audience votes had been counted the winners were announced. It was local journalist Vicki Stockman and dance partner Jamie Sloan who wowed the judges with their Viennese Waltz. Second place went to entrepreneur Holly Ikin and dance partner Chris Savage who performed a cheeky Cha Cha Cha and got the guests up on their feet.
Hospice Matron Alison White said: ‘Strictly St Rocco’s summed up everything about St Rocco’s that is so special- it captured the hearts and minds of the community and raised over £30,000 towards patient care.
‘We would like to thank everyone who attended and the dance couples brave enough to put themselves through the experience! Special thanks must go to our sponsor Jones Lang LaSalle and Cadman’s Dance Centre, whose support and expertise made it all possible. The judges and hosts also did a superb job.’
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 3 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey