Stroud Half Marathon to fight Meningitis
- Credit: Archant
A Stroud and Bristol-based charity urgently needs local legs to stretch for the Stroud Half Marathon – to raise money to help fight Meningitis.
Meningitis Trust and Meningitis UK want enthusiastic locals to run the 13.1-mile race on Sunday, October 27, as part of their team.
Meningitis and septicaemia continue to affect thousands of people in the UK every year and kill more children under five than any other infectious disease. They can strike with incredible speed and the symptoms are notoriously difficult to detect, often being confused with flu.
South West community fundraiser Leah Wynn said: “We’re looking forward to the atmospheric local run and would love as many people to join our team as possible – to help us beat the awful disease.
“Every penny raised will go towards funding pioneering research to eradicate the deadly disease, support those touched by meningitis, and raise lifesaving awareness. Full support will be given to our runners and each will receive a free running vest or T-shirt and information pack on how to prepare.”
Stroud-based Meningitis Trust and Bristol-based Meningitis UK recently merged, consolodating their efforts in tackling the disease. The marathon follows on from the charity’s successful Five Valleys Walk around the Cotswold countryside on Sunday, September 29.
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 8 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 6 places to view snowdrops in Yorkshire
To participate, contact Leah Wynn on: 01453 769081
or email: email@example.com.
For more information on the run, visit: www.stroudathleticclub.co.uk