Student wins museum award
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old archaeology fan struck gold at Gloucestershire’s museums and heritage centres.
Dougal McDonald won a competition by Gloucestershire Revealed which promotes the county’s 19 museums, galleries and heritage centres.
His prizes included an iPad and a golden family ticket which gives him and his family free entry to selected museums for up to a year.
And the Cirencester College student couldn’t be happier because he loves museums.
“I’m a real archaeology fan and I really enjoy going to museums,” said Dougal, who lives in Dursley. “I’ve been to a quite a few of the ones in the county and none of them are your stereotypical museum. They are interactive and have really interesting displays.”
Dougal was chosen from more than 1,600 entries in the competition.
“We’re thrilled to discover that Dougal is already a museum fan. We hope this prize will continue to inspire him in his interest in archaeology and to find out more about this great county and its rich heritage,” said Julie Reynolds, of Gloucestershire Revealed.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
“Our museums and centres work hard to ensure there is something of interest for everyone. If you think museums are stuffy old places with dusty old bits and bobs, then you need to take a leaf out of Dougal’s book and come see for yourself.”
Visit www.gloucestershirerevealed.co.uk to find out the latest news and events from museums in Gloucestershire.