Sudeley Castle and Gardens launches Autumn Wildlife Trail
- Credit: Archant
Soak up all the shades of autumn at Sudeley Castle and Gardens in Winchcombe on a new wildlife trail
With the prospect of autumnal colour just round the corner, the spectacular Sudeley Castle and Gardens opens its new Autumn Wildlife Trail.
Running up until October 25, the anticipated trail gives families the chance to follow the footprints of Sudeley's resident wildlife around the grounds, and learn a thing or two about these charming creatures that call our countryside home.
From badgers, hedgehogs and red foxes, to red deer and stoats, the trail offers a chance for little ones to get closer to British wildlife, whilst soaking up all the shades of autumn across Sudeley's ten award-winning gardens, based in Winchcombe.
Trail sheets will be offered to keep track of each animal discovery, and include a crayon rubbing and colouring activity too.
Once you've completed the trail, there's so much more to explore at Sudelely Castle, including an adventure playground and fun fort that's perfect for role-playing. Pack your wellies to splash in muddy puddles, collect leaves for crafting fun back at home, bring binoculars for a spot of bird-watching, or simply enjoy an autumnal sunset against the majestic backdrop of the Cotswold castle.
Kim Gibbon, Head of Visitor Services, said: "Autumn is such a wonderful time to visit Sudeley Castle and Gardens, with its explosion of colour and opportunities to spot signs of life. Our new Autumn Trail is a great way to explore nature with the little ones, and introduce them to a variety of great British wildlife."
The Autumn Wildlife Trail is included in the ticket price, and families can save 10% on admission by booking in advance online - with children under three being admitted free.
For more information, and to book tickets, visit sudeleycastle.co.uk.
- 1 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly