Surrey Sculpture Society 2014 exhibition at RHS Wisley
- Credit: Archant
Surrey Sculpture Society celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and what better way to mark the occasion than an exhibition in the wonderful grounds of RHS Garden Wisley near Woking? The society’s 16th annual Sculpture Trail will take place across the famous gardens and runs for most of this month.
Share photos from your Wisley visits @ www.surreylife.co.uk/photos
“We are delighted to be exhibiting at Wisley once again,” says the chair of Surrey Sculpture Society, Sue Cundell. “It is a prestigious location, and the amazing gardens provide a perfect setting to showcase our artists’ work.
“We appreciate the creative collaboration with Wisley and look forward to future exhibitions there.”
Over the years, Surrey Sculpture Society’s membership has grown to over 350 artists, ranging from talented amateurs to gifted professional sculptors, all creating striking and original pieces. They work with a broad range of materials, including stone, metal, bronze, resin, glass, ceramic, wood and found objects, all of which sit well in the stunning gardens of Wisley.
- 1 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 4 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 7 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
“The Surrey Sculpture Society display at Wisley is a brilliant showplace for many new works of art,” adds exhibition manager Carol Orwin. “Our sculptors often produce exciting new pieces for the exhibition, and their artistry and industry is much appreciated by visitors, many of whom are inspired to buy sculpture for the first time.”
Admission to the Sculpture Trail, which runs until Sunday September 28, is included in the normal entrance price to Wisley.
• Surrey Sculpture Society, RHS Garden Wisley, Woking GU23 6QB. Tel: 0845 260