- Credit: Archant
As one of the UK’s most attractive waterfront locations and situated in the heart of Plymouth’s historic city quarter, Sutton Harbour is the ideal place to enjoy the best of the city’s food, drink, entertainment, culture and history.
Over the centuries the Harbour has played a key role in some of the most momentous maritime events in world history. Sir Frances Drake sailed from Sutton Harbour, as did the Pilgrim Fathers in 1620, and today the harbour remains a jewel in Plymouth’s waterfront, combining historic charm with modern, contemporary design.
In recent years the Harbour has transformed itself into a vibrant visitor destination, alive with restaurants, cafés, shops, waterfront apartments and tourist attractions.
If you’re looking for a bite to eat, you can find fantastic fresh seafood at Mitch Tonks’ brand new restaurant Rockfish Sutton Harbour, right by the Plymouth Fishmarket. Alternatively, try Greek food made for sharing at the Meze Grill, Thai noodles at the B-Bar.
There are plenty of bars and venues close by with entertainment every night of the week, including live music and cocktail bar Vauxhall Quay, performance venue the Barbican Theatre and Annabel’s Cabaret & Discotheque.
- 1 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 2 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Surrey
- 3 5 of the best pick your own farms in Hampshire
- 4 Puffin Sculpture Trail comes to the Yorkshire Coast this summer
- 5 WIN a weekend escape at St. Mellion Estate, Cornwall
- 6 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 7 Win a bumper prize of Devon’s best food and drink
- 8 New Railway Children film trailer features stunning Yorkshire locations
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
The Harbour is also home to the historic Mayflower Steps, National Marine Aquarium - the largest aquarium in the UK - and to the 460-berth ‘Five Gold Anchor’ Sutton Harbour Marina.
Throughout the year Sutton Harbour hosts a wide range of family friendly events, including the annual Pirate Weekend, Sutton Harbour Classic Boat Rally and the Plymouth Seafood Festival.
To help visitors get the most out of visiting Sutton Harbour, an Experience loyalty scheme offers cardholders access to exclusive offers and discounts at cafés, restaurants, shops and attractions around the harbour - for more information visit www.experiencesuttonharbour.co.uk.