Taunton Prep School appoints new headmaster
- Credit: sub
TAUNTON Prep School has a new man at the helm from next month – and he’s looking forward to the role with ‘great excitement’.
Zimbabwe-born Duncan Sinclair has been appointed headmaster of the junior school.
He moves from St Michael’s Preparatory School, Kent, where he has been since 2002 – rising to the position of deputy head.
Mr Sinclair said that independent prep school education was facing changing times, especially when considering examinations and transitions to secondary schools.
“At Taunton Prep, my greatest prospect is growing and building on the school’s strong academic, pastoral, sporting and extra-mural provision.”
“As a founder school of the Prep School Baccalaureate (PSB), a new and unique academic provision which seeks to enhance and broaden the experience of the students, Taunton is in a commanding position.
“We are poised to grow from our current position of being praised for excellence to our rightful place of being widely recognised, country-wide, as a highly respected forerunner in co-education.”
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 9 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022
- 10 10 new hobbies to try in Essex in 2022
Mr Sinclair is a member of the IAPS (Independent Association of Prep Schools), the association of the best Prep Schools in Britain and around the world.
His wife Georgina is, herself, a primary teacher specialising in PE and their son Hamish, who was born in January, will attend the Taunton Pre-Prep Nursery.