Taunton Prep School appoints new headmaster
- Credit: sub
TAUNTON Prep School has a new man at the helm from next month – and he’s looking forward to the role with ‘great excitement’.
Zimbabwe-born Duncan Sinclair has been appointed headmaster of the junior school.
He moves from St Michael’s Preparatory School, Kent, where he has been since 2002 – rising to the position of deputy head.
Mr Sinclair said that independent prep school education was facing changing times, especially when considering examinations and transitions to secondary schools.
“At Taunton Prep, my greatest prospect is growing and building on the school’s strong academic, pastoral, sporting and extra-mural provision.”
“As a founder school of the Prep School Baccalaureate (PSB), a new and unique academic provision which seeks to enhance and broaden the experience of the students, Taunton is in a commanding position.
“We are poised to grow from our current position of being praised for excellence to our rightful place of being widely recognised, country-wide, as a highly respected forerunner in co-education.”
- 1 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 4 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 The Somerset villages with the strangest names
- 7 On location filming Downton Abbey in the Cotswolds
- 8 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 9 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
Mr Sinclair is a member of the IAPS (Independent Association of Prep Schools), the association of the best Prep Schools in Britain and around the world.
His wife Georgina is, herself, a primary teacher specialising in PE and their son Hamish, who was born in January, will attend the Taunton Pre-Prep Nursery.