TeenStar auditions come to Exeter
- Credit: Archant
The Teenstar singing competion won by Devon X-Factor finalist Luke Friend last year is holding Exeter auditions next month.
The TeenStar singing competition is exclusively for teenagers and last year’s winner was Exeter’s Luke Friend, who went on to become a finalist on X-Factor.
Local auditions for TeenStar will be taking place on Saturday 8 February at Exeter Corn Exchange
The event is split into three categories: Late Teens (16-19), Mid Teens (13-15) and a special category to search for the stars of tomorrow; the Pre-Teens. Prizes include a £5,000 cash prize for the winning act to help develop their music and a chance to feature in teen magazine Shout Mag. Contestants also have the chance to win prizes through-out the competition, such as recording studio time with some of the UK’s top producers, singing lessons and extensive promotion on YouTube.
TeenStar will be aiding The Nordoff Robbins Charity, which is dedicated to transforming the lives of vulnerable people across the UK through the power of music and in addition to this TeenStar will be donating some of the Grand Final profits to the charity.
The competition will be judged by some of the music industry’s top professionals, including DJs who work for Radio stations such as Radio 1, BBC Introducing, Kiss FM, Choice FM, plus national & regional press, local studios and record labels.
Head of Future Music, Chris Grayston says: ‘We are really excited about TeenStar 2014.There’s no other competition out there like it and we are eager to discover the country’s freshest young talent’.
For more information about the competition or to enter go to http://www.teenstarcompetition.co.uk/
- 1 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 4 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 Rare gold medal of Nelson's Norfolk protégé expected to sell for up to £80,000
- 10 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey