The 2014 Cheshire County Show - June 17th and 18th - Tabley Showground, Knutsford
- Credit: Archant
What’s on in this year’s Cheshire County Show
Birds of prey, breath-taking stunt motorcyclists and the cream of Cheshire’s food producers will be among the attractions on offer at this year’s Cheshire County Show.
Crowds at the two-day event which attracted over 80,000 people last year, will also see scores of champion animal classes as well as having the chance to learn about their food and to celebrate the best of rural Cheshire and support local farmers.
The show – which will be held at the Tabley Showground, near Knutsford, on June 17th and 18th – will also give visitors an in-depth insight into Cheshire’s food production industry at the Agri Centre, sponsored by Sainsbury’s.
Beef and dairy farmers as well as butchers and cheese makers will be among those in the centre who will be explaining the journey our food takes from plough to plate. The marquee will also host live demonstrations of everything from butchery to ice-cream making. Produce from some of Cheshire’s best local and independent food producers will also be available to buy or sample in the Roberts Bakery Food Hall.
Among the most popular attractions at the annual show are the animal classes which feature all creatures great and small, from huge bulls to tiny piglets.
And with more than 700 trade stands, exhibitions staged by the Cheshire Federation of Women’s Institutes, the Cheshire Area of NAFAS and Cheshire Landscape Trust, organisers are confident there will be something for everyone.
- 1 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 2 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 3 Scarborough's spectacular BIG day out for national Armed Forces Day
- 4 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
- 9 Don't miss Hampton Court Palace's divine tulip display this spring
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Tickets for the show are available from www.cheshirecountyshow.org.uk
Don’t forget - the Cheshire Life June 2014 issue comes with a free Cheshire Show guide