The 2014 Cheshire County Show - June 17th and 18th - Tabley Showground, Knutsford
- Credit: Archant
What’s on in this year’s Cheshire County Show
Birds of prey, breath-taking stunt motorcyclists and the cream of Cheshire’s food producers will be among the attractions on offer at this year’s Cheshire County Show.
Crowds at the two-day event which attracted over 80,000 people last year, will also see scores of champion animal classes as well as having the chance to learn about their food and to celebrate the best of rural Cheshire and support local farmers.
The show – which will be held at the Tabley Showground, near Knutsford, on June 17th and 18th – will also give visitors an in-depth insight into Cheshire’s food production industry at the Agri Centre, sponsored by Sainsbury’s.
Beef and dairy farmers as well as butchers and cheese makers will be among those in the centre who will be explaining the journey our food takes from plough to plate. The marquee will also host live demonstrations of everything from butchery to ice-cream making. Produce from some of Cheshire’s best local and independent food producers will also be available to buy or sample in the Roberts Bakery Food Hall.
Among the most popular attractions at the annual show are the animal classes which feature all creatures great and small, from huge bulls to tiny piglets.
And with more than 700 trade stands, exhibitions staged by the Cheshire Federation of Women’s Institutes, the Cheshire Area of NAFAS and Cheshire Landscape Trust, organisers are confident there will be something for everyone.
- 1 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 8 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 9 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 10 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
Tickets for the show are available from www.cheshirecountyshow.org.uk
Don’t forget - the Cheshire Life June 2014 issue comes with a free Cheshire Show guide