The 2018 Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival launch party
- Credit: Mike Whorley
The full line-up of one of the biggest celebrations of crime writing was unveiled at an exclusive London launch party.
The event was hosted by Lee Child, the programming chair of the 2018 Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival and author of the global bestselling Jack Reacher series.
Among the authors appearing at this year’s festival are Linwood Barclay, Denise Mina, Sophie Hannah, Nicci French, and festival co-founder Val McDermid, who will be in conversation with Professor Dame Sue Black, director of the Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification at Dundee University.
McDermid’s annual New Blood panel, one of the most anticipated events in publishing, will showcase four hand-picked debut authors: Stuart Turton, Dervla McTiernan, CJ Tudor and Will Dean.
Lee Child said: ‘I’ve been to all the festivals in the world and Harrogate is by far my favourite, so it’s a joy to be 2018’s chair.
‘For authors, it’s a chance to hang out and socialise in beautiful Harrogate, and more crucially we get to meet the most important people – our readers.
‘This festival also has such warmth and camaraderie – it’s the most fun book event out there.’
- 1 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a modern Guernsey cushion cover kit
- 7 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 8 Cornwall's weirdest pub names
- 9 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 10 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
Harrogate International Festivals delivers the crime writing festival held each year at the Old Swan Hotel in Harrogate.
The festival takes place July 19th-22nd at The Old Swan Hotel. Tickets for all events are available from the box office on 01423 562303 and online at harrogateinternationalfestivals.com