The 2019 Last Choir Singing Grand Final, King George’s Hall, Blackburn
- Credit: Archant
School choirs across Lancashire are preparing for the grand final of the Last Choir Singing.
Eleven young choirs from Primary schools across Lancashire will be singing as King George's Hall in Blackburn plays host to their final showdown on Friday, 21st June.
Hosted by sponsors, True Bearing Chartered Financial Planners, who also organise the competition, the evening is packed with entertainment. Compèred by international vocalist, Duncan Heather, each choir will impress judges with two performances: one set song, and a song of the school's choice.
Nearly 2,000 singers from 52 school choirs took part in the competition in heats held throughout Lancashire in March. Eleven choirs, totalling 400 children, successfully made it through to the Final.
- Anchorsholme Academy (Thornton Cleveleys)
- Bolton School Junior Boys
- 1 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 2 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 6 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 7 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Discover new arts trail in St Austell celebrating China Clay
- 10 A guide to some of the tastiest Cornish cheeses
- Broughton-in-Amounderness C of E Primary School (Preston)
- Edenfield C of E Primary School
- Ightenhill County Primary School (Burnley)
- Manor Road Primary School (Chorley)
- Norbreck Primary Academy (Thornton Cleveleys)
- St Barnabas C of E Primary Academy (Darwen)
- St Catherine's R C Primary School (Leyland)
- St Saviours Ringley C of E Primary School (Bolton)
- Tarleton Community Primary School
George Critchley, Chairman of True Bearing, said "As a firm, we are committed to giving something back to our community.
"The Last Choir Singing competition allows us to do just that. The competition, now in its fifth year, gives young people the opportunity to gain some self-confidence and the 'feel-good' factor that comes from singing their hearts out with a group of friends.
"The Last Choir Singing Grand Final promises to be an infectious celebration of school singing talent."
The Grand Final of Last Choir Singing 2019 takes place at King George's Hall, Blackburn.
The event starts at 6.00pm on Friday, 21st June. Tickets can be purchased from King George's Hall booking office on 01254 582579.