The 5th annual Star Ball, Hilton Liverpool
- Credit: not Archant
Celebrities were in sparkling mood at Liverpool’s Hilton Hotel for the fifth annual Star Ball in aid of the Hilton in the Community Foundation as well as Claire House, the children’s hospice on the Wirral.
The glamorous ball was jointly hosted by Radio City presenter Simon Ross and City Talk’s Peter Price. Guests were welcomed with champagne and canapés, followed by a lavish four course dinner.
Among the stylish crowd were footballer John Barnes with his wife, Andrea, actress and TV presenter Terri Dwyer with her husband Sean Marley, actress Gillian Kearney and Claire Sweeney, who was with her partner Daniel Reilly,
Entertainment included performances from Alan Cross and Ashley Morgan before the American Drifters filled the dance floor with their sound of soul.
Over £30,000 was raised for the nominated charities. Amazing auction prizes included a 10 night stay at the Conrad Bali, a Boodles diamond set Love Letter necklace, VIP tickets for celebrity Big Brother including a behind the scenes experience, and a round of golf with Steven Gerrard.
Hilton Liverpool General Manager, Marcus Magee, said: ‘I am delighted that the fifth Hilton Liverpool Star Ball has raised much needed funds for disadvantaged children and young people.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 5 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 6 great walks near Skipton
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit