The Ambassadors 2017 Charity Ball
- Credit: not Archant
Ball raises £143,500
Fundraisers Mandy Molby, Claire Gallagher and Trudi Brooks hosted their annual Ambassadors’ Ball at Thornton Hall Hotel, Wirral, to raise funds for several Cheshire and Merseyside charities.
The glamorous black tie ball, supported by Durastic Flooring, Integral, Hallmark jewellers, The Christmas Decorators and Radio City’s Cash for Kids, was hosted by Peter Price. Entertainment came courtesy of the Boogie Storm dancers, with Cliff Jenkinson getting the party going with a set of popular classics. DJ Charlie C kept the music flowing with floor fillers until the early hours.
The event raised a staggering £143,500 for the nominated charities and The Ambassadors are delighted that the event funded the Claire House children’s Christmas party along with a party for 1,000 youngsters organised by Variety The Children’s Charity.
Celebrated artist Mackenzie Thorpe donated 15 limited edition prints, the sale of which will be used to provide five wheelchairs.
Pete Price showcased his auctioneering skills, ably assisted by Jan Molby, with some amazing auction prizes including seven nights in the Seychelles at the Constance Resort and a Philip Armstrong dress worth £1,000.
Ambassador Mandy Molby said: ‘The generosity of the guests, sponsors and prize donors has been overwhelming and we genuinely do not have enough words of thanks for those who have supported us. The hard work and generosity will ensure that we continue our work improving the lives of those who are vulnerable or in desperate need.’
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween