The Black Cow
- Credit: Archant
The Black Cow is a traditional English Country Pub set in a rural location overlooking The Village Green.
We are located in the South Derbyshire Village of Dalbury Lees. We offer a range of traditional meals 7 days a week plus weekly themed nights.
We support local micro-brewers offering guest ales all year round. At our annual beer festival your palate can be tested from a choice of up to 20 real ales.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
We recently had a visit from an AA Inspector who, after sampling our hospitality, accommodation and cuisine has awarded the Black Cow 4 AA Stars for Accommodation and a Rosette for Cuisine.
All our rooms are carefully thought out and tastefully decorated. Our primary aim is to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. All rooms offer ensuite facilities, free Wi-Fi, flat screen Freeview digital TV with stereo music system, complimentary tea and coffee, free bottled water and biscuits, hair dryers, ironing facilities and data points.
Guests are offered a choice of a full English or continental breakfast. You are invited to sample our menu in our newly refurbished dining areas. All our food is home-made and prepared by our award winning chef and his team.
We are able to cater for Christenings, Birthday Parties, Wakes etc. Both family and corporate functions. Please do not hesitate to call or contact us to discuss your requirements.
We have a small convenience store and farm shop selling locally produced eggs, meats, milk, cream, newspapers and every day essentials.
Exciting Developments at The Black Cow!
We are in the final stages of the creation of our brand new Dining Room. This area brings a contemporary modern twist to our traditional pub where we are delighted to introduce you to our new Dining Room Menu featuring an extensive selection of locally produced quality meat, fish, poultry and vegetables.