The dinosaurs are coming to The Wilson in Cheltenham!
- Credit: Archant
From August 2, two floors of The Wilson art gallery and museum in Cheltenham will be taken over by huge dinosaurs from the Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic periods.
The ‘Meet Rex and Other Dinosaurs’ exhibition will run until September 28 and is a family-friendly show perfect for budding palaeontologists – and their parents!
Visitors will be encouraged to learn about the world as it was millions of years ago. As the Earth developed and changed, so did the dinosaurs roaming the land, and this exciting exhibition offers a fun, interactive and educational insight into how these fascinating creatures lived.
Full size models and animatronics will allow people to marvel at the sheer size of dinosaurs, while interactive puzzles and games will help younger visitors reinforce their learning. Highlights from The Wilson’s own fossil collection will complement the exhibition and an app will be available to download with tickets from July 18 – offering further learning content and games. Free family activities including trails and craft workshops will be running throughout August to allow people to continue their involvement with Meet Rex and Other Dinosaurs across the summer holidays.
As a treat, Heart Angels from Heart FM will be welcoming visitors and offering free face painting from 11am – 2pm during the opening weekend of August, and throughout the exhibition children will have the opportunity to ‘Meet Rex’ in a unique area where they can get up close to a T. rex head (and even take a selfie).
Collections & Engagement Manager at The Wilson, Stevie Edge-McKee, said: “We can’t wait to welcome all the dinosaurs to The Wilson! The exhibition is a real blockbuster which we hope will attract families into The Wilson and to the town. And, we’ve planned some really exciting events and activities around the exhibition, so there should be something for everyone to enjoy throughout the summer.”
For more information, contact Alana Hopkins, Marketing and Information Officer: Alana.email@example.com
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces