THE EDEN SESSIONS ARE BACK
PJ Harvey is the only artist to win the Mercury Prize twice and headlines this summer's Eden Sessions
The countdown has begun for this summer's Eden Sessions with PJ Harvey set to return to headline a show on 27 June.
Harvey, who played at Eden in 2003, is the only artist to win the Mercury Prize twice (in 2001 for Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, and in 2011 for Let England Shake).
She is due to release her ninth studio album, The Hope Six Demolition Project, in April. The album was recorded during a month-long residency in London’s Somerset House, where audiences were given the opportunity to see Harvey at work with her band and producers in a purpose-built studio.
Besides music, Harvey is an accomplished sculptor, poet, actor and composer. She was awarded an MBE in 2013 for services to music.
Rita Broe, Eden’s marketing director, said: “PJ Harvey is one of the most vibrant, diverse artists ever to hail from these shores and we’re very excited to be welcoming her back to Eden, 13 years after she played her first magical show here.
“She is known for her continued innovation and it’s going to be a real treat to see her perform material from her new album in our spectacular environment.”
- 1 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 2 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 7 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 8 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 9 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 10 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
The Eden Sessions has its own free-to-view online TV channel (www.youtube.com/edensessionstv) featuring regularly-updated videos of some of the gigs' finest shows.
Tickets for the PJ Harvey Eden Session cost £40 plus £5 booking fee and are on sale to members of the Inside Track programme from 2pm today (Tuesday March 1).
Tickets go on general sale on Tuesday March 8 at 4pm at edensessions.com.