The Fig Tree Restaurant
- Credit: Archant
The Fig Tree Restaurant is set in the picturesque village of Hurstpierpoint in the heart of the beautiful South Downs.
Opened in 2006 by husband and wife team David and Monika Beaty; it has a growing reputation and appreciation for its exceptional quality and presentation.
The menu is a showcase of seasonal ingredients from local farms and South Coast fisheries. You can sample roast breast of Gressingham Duck with devils on horseback, fondant potato, braised red cabbage, Bramley apple sauce and thyme jus; pan fried fillet of wild Sea Bass with chorizo, olive and parsley crushed new potatoes, wilted spinach and lemon caper butter or Thai Blue Swim Crab spring rolls with sesame cured cucumber and coconut, chill, lime leaf sauce.
For reservations and enquiries please call us on 01273 832183.
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
There is a choice of vegetarian dishes on the menu bringing new flavours that change with the seasons.
The menu will offer an à la carte choice for lunch, Sunday lunch and dinner or, if you prefer, there is also a three course menu at £18.50 for lunch and Sunday lunch and at £22.50 for dinner from Tuesday to Friday inclusive.
The Fig Tree is an intimate restaurant catering for up to 40 guests. It is also a popular venue for weddings, anniversaries and birthday celebrations. The restaurant also provides outside catering packages. The decor is calming and elegant with an inviting atmosphere. Private use of the restaurant is offered to parties of 26 diners. Menus are tailor-made according to the season, occasion, taste and budget. At the heart of the Fig Tree is a service of quality, value and a warm welcome.
The Fig Tree Restaurant
120 High Street,
Hurstpierpoint BN6 9PX
Tel: 01273 832183
Lunch: Wed - Sat 12 - 2pm
Dinner: Tue - Sat 7 - 9.30pm
Sunday Lunch: 12.30 - 2.30pm