The Great British Food Festival at Stonyhurst College
- Credit: Archant
The Great British Food Festival is back at Stonyhurst College over the weekend from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th April.
The 2016 food festival will also incorporate the popular Stonyhurst Spring Fair, so along with great foodie stalls, inside you will find lots of gift and household items. As it’s school holidays Friday is Kids come FREE day!
The recipe for the weekend, we’ll take over 80 top best of British producers, a big serving of stunning hot food, real ale and wine bars, add a dash of craft and gift stalls, lots of activities for the kids, top chef demos from the likes of Great British Bake Off finalist Luis Troyano and some amazing local talent, stir in a cake competition and the popular Men V’s Food, with lashings of excellent live music and mix together to make a lovely foodie family day out.
The main chef demo area in the old great hall upstairs at Stonyhurst College hosts great local and tv chefs, all demos are free (as part of your admission ticket) to enter so everyone can pick up top foodie tips. There are also regular Artisan Foodie talks, BBQ Demos, Great British Cake-Off and Men v Food Challenges!
The Great British Food Festival hosts lots of producers showcasing the best in seasonal and speciality food and drink. It’s a great opportunity to get a real taste of the best of Lancashire and Great British produce - sample, enjoy and buy. With Great Britain’s amazing mix of cultures and cuisines we thought it would be a shame to overlook some more exotic elements - so you can try Thai, Indian, Asian, Mexican as well as pulled pork, prime steak, Ostrich and the best local burgers and sausages, for those with more traditional tastes (as well as veggie options)!
After you’ve done your foodie shopping, sit out enjoying tasty hot food, a refreshing drink (or two), with great live music in the stunning surroundings of Stonyhurst.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 8 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey